Friday, 8 February 2013

Pink Cupcake with Whipped Cream Frosting

With Valentines around the corner I felt like making something alongside the celebration. I initially thought of making a chocolate tart with a chocolate glaze.It looked super yum. But later I realised for making that I need a spring form tart pan, whereas I had a usual tart pan :-( I was literally feeling devastated.That feeling wherein you have all the ingredients lined up and no apparatus!!! But then I thought No1 I will bake something today. And thats when I got reminded of Pink Cupcakes that I saw on FoodGawker some few days back. 


Went and checked the recipe. Ingredients- Check! Liners-Check! Difficulty - Super Easy... I went ahead and baked them. It was the most moist and supersoft cupcakes I have ever baked! A little regret that I could have added a little more colour. But still they were all pinky, softy and yummy!!! Try this recipe out with or without the food colour because trust me, they are super soft!!!

Pink Cupcakes

Recipe source - Betty Crocker
Makes             - 24


1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
11/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups milk
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon pink  food coloring
3 large eggs

Method
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Prepare cupcake tins with 24 cupcake liners.
In a large bowl  beat all ingredients together on low-speed for approximately 30 seconds or until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Increase speed to high for 3 minutes, scraping bowl as needed.
Fill cupcake tins about 2/3 full. Bake at 170 degree for 15 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes are set and spring back when touched lightly. Cool completely on wire rack.

You can top it with whipped cream or any frosting of your choice. Here I used whipped cream and Dr Oetkar Writing Icing my friend Rupini had gifted me,for the red heart :-) !


No comments:

Post a Comment